Specification Writer - Southern Texas- With The Barry Group, LLC
The Barry Group, LLC is searching for a Specification Writer and Sales Representative for the Central Texas Territory based in Houston. You would be joining a Team with the absolute best culture in the High-Performance Coatings Industry. The Barry Group has proudly represented Tnemec Co., Inc. for over 40 years.
Tnemec is a family-owned company founded over 100 years ago with the purpose of providing high performance coatings and consulting services to the Architectural, Engineering, Industrial and Process Markets. Founded in 1921, Tnemec is one of the largest privately held protective coatings manufacturers in North America. Since its inception, Tnemec Company and its representatives provide technical and specification recommendations to Design, Construction and OEM professionals. Tnemec Company offers high performance coatings solutions for a wide array of substrates that include coatings for steel, concrete, drywall, exterior precast and masonry. With an eye on performance and long-life cycle, they adapt each coating recommendation to meet specific budget and design intent. You will work in a variety of settings from architectural and engineering meetings to being onsite at a water treatment plant and much more. The Barry Group, LLC calls on Architects and Engineers in throughout Texas and New Mexico to develop specifications that will meet their client’s needs and/or delivery method.
- Work in partnership with Team to provide guidance on use of proposed products and materials, their suitability for the intended application, and suggest appropriate alternatives when needed.
- Work in tandem with Project Architects, Project Managers, and the local Technical Director to schedule, allocate, and share workload to ensure adequate specifications coverage for all projects and to review project schedules for preparation of specification deliverables.
- Contribute to meeting project goals for excellence in design and execution and provide knowledgeable input on material product selection.
- Promote in-house specifications procedures and processes, inform teams of the latest updates.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and prepare specifications for the milestone deliverables of projects (including outline specifications when required). This may include collaboration with clients, consultants, contractors, architects, engineers, and other project partners to produce specifications that reflect each project’s unique requirements.
- Sell products in the assigned region directly or through regional representatives.
- Develop and sustain the sales business through inside sales support activities. i.e., quoting, cold calling, etc.,
- Prepare detailed sales and activity business reports for customer calls, visits, and meetings.
- Input sales activities into the CRM.
- Produce and maintain market information relevant to territory.
- Report competitive activity and new potentials on the market in the other regions.
- Prospect and qualify potential new companies and projects in the assigned territory.
- Promote and sell products at defined product trade shows and events.
- Assist/Host customer demonstrations. Manage systems tests in the region.
- Take part in additional training such as NACE certification.
- Upsell and cross sell our existing customers with new products and service
- Utilize Project Tracking Software & other Sales Tools provided
- Collaborate with the Team
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ work experience - technical background preferred
- Specification Writing and Sales experience is strongly preferred
- Construction and Coatings industry experience is a plus
Certificates, License, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- NACE certification a plus, will train if not certified
- Some overnight travel may be required – this is very limited
- Ability to work legally in the United States
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strategic in interacting with all customer types and assessing customer needs and account objectives.
- Strong technical thinking, selling, problem-solving, critical thinking, networking and relationship building skills.
- Must possess highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills at all enterprise levels (sales, marketing, distribution, customer service, etc.) to influence others relative to company and customers objectives as well as to clarify and maintain focus on team goals and objectives.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal direction, as well as within a strong team environment.
Benefits of Working for The Barry Group, LLC
- Team culture | Positive environment | Industry leading retention rates
- Competitive Base Salary | Bonus plans eligibility earned quickly
- Work from home office | Work from company office | Work on the Road
- Mentoring from industry experts | Access to leadership
- Great working environment & earnings potential
- Size < 10 employees
- The Barry Group Founded 1978; Tnemec Founded 1921
- Type Company - Private
- Industry: High Performance Coatings
Director of Human ResourcesContact